Student leaders are an integral part of the experience and programs we offer at Dance Revelation. Student leaders possess strong leadership traits, such as integrity, humility, dependability, and dedication. This program exists solely to enrich and benefit the lives of the selected students.
As a student leader, you receive group and individualized mentorship from the DR staff who give of their time to disciple students in the characteristics of an effective servant leader.
By committing to be part of the student leader program, students are acknowledging that they must meet what is expected of Dance Revelation volunteer leaders, including being responsible for communication with other volunteer leaders and with Dance Revelation staff leaders.
We would love to receive applications from current BCDR Ballet C/D/E students ages 12+. We may also still reach out and handpick those we feel will thrive in this program no matter the age or BCDR level.
We have three different levels within the student leadership program. Starting with JR SD’s who assist with 1-3 classes, SD’s who assist with 2-5 classes, and Mentors who assist with 3-8 classes.
Expectations of student leaders:
- To be enrolled at Dance Revelation in the BCDR program, following all associated guidelines for that program.
- To volunteer a certain amount of their time to give back to something greater than themselves.
- To fulfill our core values and volunteer at DR, it is required that volunteers attend volunteer training and specific events.
- To assist with classes each week during the regular fall dance season and to find coverage when appropriate.
- To maintain a calendar and be aware of important dates.
- To be an example of a responsible, mature dance student and leader.
Special privileges for student leaders:
- DR gifts our student leaders with credit toward their monthly tuition. Credit amount TBD upon student’s level within this program.
- Discount on summer classes at 25% off tuition of the two-week program.
- Outside opportunities such as breakfast clubs, get togethers, photo shoots, dance classes, etc.
To apply for the student leader program, download and submit this form: Click Here