For class information or to sign up, please call or email us:
- PHONE: (717) 796-6010
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
All classes are held at:
1451 Clark Street
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
With our growing dance family we wanted to make it very clear how you can be in the know and how DR staff set aside time to personally give information. Any communication outside of the events/communication methods below would be via email. All communication via email is strictly for registration, payment questions, and alertness of a child’s absences or vacation/sick leave.
- Back to Dance Night - this meeting is held in the fall, typically at the end of September when enrollment ends and provides a snapshot of the entire year. We discuss details that are provided online and in our handbooks in greater detail. It is very informational yet fun! Families get to meet the director at this time and hear the heart vision for the dance year. It is a great way to meet the go-to-moms and other families who may be a part of your child’s dance class. This event is mandatory.
- Vision Cast Flyer - this flyer is passed out in the late winter/early spring prior to spring open house and provides details on the upcoming season. Reading this flyer is a great way to get a snap shot of the upcoming dance season. We want all families who register for the following dance season to be on board with the DR vision and to understand DR is always growing and changing for the better.
- Open Houses - these are typically held in August and the spring time (around February or March) and allow students to enroll for classes, meet the teachers if they are new and be encouraged by the teachers if they are current students. There are snacks provided and many fun games for the young children. It is a great way to hear about how your child is progressing wonderfully in class. The teachers get a chance to meet each child’s parent. This is not a time to discuss your child’s placement for the following season.
- Surveys - we send surveys out 2 to 3 times a year asking for feedback. This is an opportunity to have your voice heard, and we read through all responses when planning for the future.
- Progress Report Emails - If your child (or child's class) is struggling with movement or showing that they do not practice, you may receive a progress report email with tips and instructions for improvement and success.
- BCDR Assessments - these are provided once a month in ballet when the teachers provide feedback on student progress.
- Goals/Objectives - these are sent out in the fall, and parents should read them in detail to know what their child should be mastering and perfecting to succeed in their classes.
- Placement Letters – these are given to all families who have a child who attended program placement. This is the way we communicate the best levels/classes for each child for the following season. Placements are not up for debate. Students are assessed throughout the entire year beginning in September. Should a student be requiring extra help or having struggles in class throughout the year, you will be notified. We also send home emails reviewing the class’s goals for the year. BCDR families receive assessments/goals monthly for ballet. On top of the information that is sent home to families, the teachers are constantly giving feedback and constructive criticism so that students can apply corrections and continue to grow. Students who take advantage of applying corrections, practicing for hours outside of class time, attend summer programs, and overall work their hardest in class will advance at a faster rate. However, some things take years to develop such as muscle tone, flexibility, and technique, and some students may see progress sooner than others. We understand each dancer has their own individual journey. This is why we do not strictly place students in levels/classes by age. It is very normal to be in a particular level for at least 2 years. For BCDR students, they may spend 3 years in one level. You progress by year in one level such as Ballet A1, Ballet A2 and Ballet A3 and those levels can still take the same Ballet A class. The teachers work with each student in each class and challenges them as needed so that they are always growing and being pushed to progress each year!
- Website - use our website to answer all of your questions. Information can be found in the body of our web pages and also in the downloads section. All emails that can be answered by our website will be responded to with the link to the information that can give you the answer in great detail. Our goal is to empower each DR family so they can take ownership in knowing their child’s dance information.
- Class Moms & Go to Moms - Class moms are over individual classes. They send monthly emails with updates and are available for your questions. Go to Moms sit in the lobby during class hours and are informed and available to answer general questions.
- Emails - Dance Revelation communicates primarily by email for any urgent updates, inclement weather notifications, and with weekly bulletins that include important updates and ongoing information. Emails can also be used to indicate if you child needs to make up a class.
- Our EXTRA Rehearsal Schedule is posted online and in the studio hallways. This is posted by that start of October. We do not send reminders for these rehearsal, and they are mandatory. See the rehearsal schedule in case your child is affected by this and should be attending any rehearsals. Rehearsals can often happen outside from your child’s typical class time.
- Annual Performance - We pass out an “AP” handbook in the fall so all parents can be informed and understand the commitment level to our end of the year performance. We also create an Annual Performance page on our website with all the details you may need to know by mid-January. We have many flyers throughout the studio with all the information you may need to know and post these flyers throughout the dance year.